Hidden Warriors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A new burning heart

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A new burning heart Empty A new burning heart

Post  Burningpaw Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:12 am

Dark ginger pelt flashed through the trees. Silver and amber flecked eyes were lit from within.
Burningkit pounced out from behind a tree, landing squarely on a leaf.
'Hah! Got you!" she hissed, and proceeded to rip it to shreds.
The bits of leaf floated away, carried on a warm breeze and she glared at them.
They burnt to the ground.
She snorted. "Take that!"
Burningpaw
Burningpaw
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

A new burning heart Empty Re: A new burning heart

Post  Whisperbreeze Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:07 pm

"Your a little pyro manic aren't you Burningkit?" said the mocking tone of Whisperbreeze. Her firey ginger pelt stuck out among the dark landscape. Her tail was wrapped around her paws as she watched the kit with her amber eyes.

Whisperbreeze
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Burningpaw Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:25 pm

Burningkit turned to stare at Whisperbreeze.
"So? Whats it to you?" she challenged, her flecked silver eyes glinting mischeviously. She flexed her claws into the earth.
Burningpaw
Burningpaw
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Whisperbreeze Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:31 pm

"Well I would hate to see you burn down your home like that leaf," she said with a smile and a pur. She held out her paw and a small fireball formed at the tip. She threw it at another leaf and watched it go up in flames. "I mean you haven't even learned how to control you fire power yet."

Whisperbreeze
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainpaw Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:36 pm

Rainkit watched the two cats from her hiding place inside a bush, feeling lonely. As usual, she was sulking. Earlier that day, she'd been attempting to make friends with a mouse who had somehow made it inside the camp alive, but he'd skittered off as soon as he saw her approaching. The patched she-kit had taken off after him, calling out, "Wait! Come back! I won't hurt you!" But somehow, fire had come out of nowhere--her personal fire--and scorched the little mouse's tail. At least he wasn't killed, she thought sadly. How she hated this stupid, violent fire!
Rainpaw
Rainpaw
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Whisperbreeze Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:57 pm

Whisperbreeze played around with her power. She tossed a fire ball up in the air and caught it before doing it again. "Tell me Burningkit. What can you do with your clan talent?"

Whisperbreeze
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Burningpaw Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:41 am

"You're not the boss of me!" Burningkit turned to Whisperbreeze, seriously angry.
"I can fight and defend my clan with my power! Of course I know how to control it!" the small kit screeched. Suddenly a bolt of fire flitted from her eyes and set a small bit of shrubbery of fire. Gasping, she raced over to it and pushed dirt over it until it was extinguished.
Defiantly but slowly she turned to face Whisperbreeze.
"Well, whaddya gonna say about it? I messed up, so?"

(rp'd. She haz attitude problems)
Burningpaw
Burningpaw
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainpaw Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:23 pm

Rainkit watched solemnly from her place in the bushes, contemplating what a bad idea these powers were. She didn't know how the clans had come to have them, but the risks were so great! A single kit had the power to destory a whole forest! There was just something wrong with that. In her opinion, EmberClan's flames were the only truely violent power. LeafClan could make things grow, RapidsClan could control water, and BreezeClan could manipulate wind. But only EmberClan could destroy something so thoroughly that there was nothing left except a few ashes.

She sighed and forced herself to leave the bush that had been sheltering her. The only way she'd be able to control her powers--the only way to be sure she couldn't harm anyone--was to learn to control them. "Don't be so proud," she murmured to Burningkit. "Whether you like it or not, we'll have to learn how to control this power, and Whisperbreeze will most likely be the one to teach us. Backtalking her probably won't make her like you more, either." Rainkit sat down, feeling a bit proud of herself for making such a long speech. The gentle she-kit was usually shy and silent.
Rainpaw
Rainpaw
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Whisperbreeze Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:23 pm

Whisperbreeze chuckled at Burningkit's slip up. She knew this kit had potenital if she learned to control that anger problem of hers. If she lost it, then this whole forest would be balze. Fire was tied to anger, or thats how it seemed to Whisperbreeze. She focused her eyes on the new kit. She was wise in her speaking. "That would right my dear. Fire is the element that is hardest the hardest to control. It is a living thing in a sense. Again, I would hate to see our home go up in flames so I guess I will have to teach you."

Whisperbreeze
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Burningpaw Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:26 am

Burningkit nodded, now bored. She turned around, yawning and galloped over to her other clanmate.
"Hey Rainkit, want to go hunting with me? Maybe when Whisperbreeze sees how great we are she'll make us apprentices!" she whispered, looking behind her and shooting the warrior a cheeky look.
Burningpaw
Burningpaw
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainpaw Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:53 pm

Rainkit nodded at Whisperbreeze, then turned to Burningkit, eyes wide. She'd never been invited to do anything with the other kits before...But she couldn't refuse this offer. She had to start branching out--no pun intended. So the skinny black and white she-kit smiled shyly and meowed, "Sure, that'd be great...But kits aren't allowed out hunting, are we?" She raised an eyebrow wonderingly.
Rainpaw
Rainpaw
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Whisperbreeze Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:34 pm

"You are big enough to use your power so I don't see why not." answer Whisperbreeze. She had lost interest in the kits and had begun to wonder around aimlessly.

Whisperbreeze
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Burningpaw Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:47 am

"Cool!" Burningkit yowled, and began to bolt after a fresh mouse scent trail. Moments later she saw the mouse scuffling in the bushes. She slowed down and slowly walked towards it. Her eyes began to burn but she held the fire back. 'Not now.." she muttered to herself.
Then she suddenly leapt into the air with a powerful backkick and landed on the ground clumsily with a loud thump. The mouse struggled between her uncoordinated black paws and after a few moments, bit her paw sharply before turning and racing off.
Burningpaw
Burningpaw
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Whisperbreeze Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:16 pm

Whisperbreeze heard a thud and stifled a laugh as she watched the kit miss her prey. poor kit...smart mouse "At least you didn't bareque it." she said in comment to the failed hunt.

Whisperbreeze
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainpaw Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:08 pm

Rainkit let out a tentative laugh. She didn't find the idea of burning rodents to a crisp very funny, but today she was going to try to fit in and be friendly for once, and so it wouldn't hurt to pretend that the thought was amusing. She took a deep breath and let it out slowly. Then the she-kit crouched down, listening intently. She could hear the rustle of feathered wings nearby, and stalked forward silently. She could see the bird now; a young chaffinch that was pecking busily at a few seeds on the forest floor. She moved closer, closer...And pounced, digging her claws into the bird's side before it could realize what was happening. Rainkit then killed it clumsily with a bite to the neck. She'd never killed anything before...

As she stood up and looked at the lifeless corpse at her paws, Rainkit let out a choked sob. There were burnmarks up and down the chaffinch's slight body. Somehow, when she'd caught it, she must have conjured fire and torched the poor bird. The she-cat sat down with a thump, tears streaming silently from her blue eyes.
Rainpaw
Rainpaw
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Whisperbreeze Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:37 pm

Whisperbreeze was about to praise Rainkit for her catch when the warrior saw she was crying or something of the sort. She didn't understand why. She thought it mudt be because the kit had never killed anything before. It is hard to get past that but if its for your own survival...Whisperbreeze padded up to Rainkit and her catch and saw the burn marks. "This is why you need to learn to control you powers little one. Don't cry though. It doesn't feel the burn." the orange colored warrior remarked.

Whisperbreeze
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Burningpaw Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:11 am

Burningkit looked over to see Rainkit.
"Hey! Congratlations on your first catch!" she mewed cheerily, ignoring Whisperbreeze's sarcastic remark. She wasn't going to let anyone get down her spirits.
She looked at Rainkit again, smiling, but her face fell as she noticed the tears spilling from her friend's eyes.
"Whats wrong?" she mewed quietly, padding up to her and looking down at the chaffinch Rainkit had caught. There were burn marks streaming down its sides, and immediately she understood.
"Hey, its okay" she reassured, running her fluffy tail gently down Rainkit's back.
"We all make mistakes... and the bird's spirit now joyously flies in StarClan..." she stopped and frowned. "I think"
Burningpaw
Burningpaw
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainpaw Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:16 pm

Rainkit stared up into Whisperbreeze's face through blurry eyes. "How could it not hurt him?" She sobbed. "Wouldn't you feel pain if somebody burnt you?!" Her voice rose an octave higher, nearing hysteria. "Burningkit, do you really think he went to StarClan? Oh, I hope so...I feel s-s-so horrible!" She huddled up against her friend, trying not to look at the bird she'd killed. Horrible, horrible, horrible...The words echoed in her mind. Murderer...Killer...Murderer...

(Heh, this presents a problem for young Rainkit...She's not going to be a veggie cat, though, of course. She'll get over it.)
Rainpaw
Rainpaw
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Whisperbreeze Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:09 pm

Whisperbreeze let the kit cry. She would have to get over this because it happens. It happened to her when she was little. Whisperbreeze bent down and scooped the bird in her jaws and removed it form Rainkit's presence. She returned and spoke. "You killed it before you burned it so it didn't feel anything. And no I don't feel a thing when I get burned because as Emberclan cats, have devloped immunity to it."

Whisperbreeze
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainpaw Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:50 pm

Rainkit knew it would be useless to argue with the others. The she-kit sighed, letting her sobs come to a wracking halt. She'd have to try to control herself better in the future. That was the only way she could stop harming beings any more than she had to. Rainkit looked up into Whisperbreeze's face, wiping away a tear with her paw. "You're right," she meowed quietly, feelings a little badly about lieing. "I'm sorry for causing you both trouble...Go back to hunting." With that last sentence, she stood, taking a few deep breaths. She'd have to be tougher than this...
Rainpaw
Rainpaw
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Burningpaw Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:53 am

"Its okay" Burningkit murmured. "I understand" the dark ginger kit got to her paws, still watching Rainkit seriously.

(blech... writers block)
Burningpaw
Burningpaw
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainpaw Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:33 am

Rainkit smiled back at Burningkit weakly, then turned on her heel and padded away, scenting for prey along the way. She picked up the earthy smell of a squirrel not far away, and padded closer warily. She would be in control this time. She had to be. Rainkit took a deep breath, closing her eyes for a minute and thinking of plunging into a cool lake, watching all the unwanted flames inside of her be smothered by the refreshing water. When she was sure they were doused, she opened her eyes. The patched she-cat strode forward silently, crouching and preparing her hind legs for the leap. Then she sprung, snagging the squirrel with outstretched claws. With a swift bite to it's neck, she ended it's life.

Rainkit wasn't sure if she could bear to look at the squirrel's motionless body, to see if she's mutilated him the way she'd done to the robin. But she forced her blue eyes to slide down, to find the ginger corpse. She could only see a mess of fur and a bit of blood. The she-kit sighed in relief. She hadn't burnt this one to death. Thank you, StarClan.
Rainpaw
Rainpaw
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Whisperbreeze Sat Sep 13, 2008 1:51 pm

Whisperbreeze only watched the kit padded off. It was a hard lesson the kit learn but on the warrior knew well. Its all about experience and control. She was tempted to follow the kit but she knew her presense might cause another incident. She retrived the robin and carried it back to camp thinking about Emberclan's firey power.

Whisperbreeze
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Burningpaw Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:47 am

Burningkit through the undergrotwth, her brow furrowed. "I swear it was that same mouse" she muttered, and looked over at Rainkit. "Hey! Nice catch!" she meowed, adding, "I havent even caught anything yet". The dark ginger kit sat down and licked her paw before she drew it over her ear a couple of times. She couldn't wait until when she was apprenticed and taught all the correct ways of hunting and fighting instead of stumbling on her own paws. Which was pretty much what she had done all through her kithood.
"Hey, when do you think Whisperbreeze will make us apprentices?"
Burningpaw
Burningpaw
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Rainpaw Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:19 pm

Rainkit smiled wryly. "Soon, I hope. I don't see why we can't be apprenticed now...I mean, we're almost old enough, and we're both smart enough." It took a lot out of her to be so talkative. Speaking to other cats was hard for her. No, that was an understatement...Still, she was doing well so far. The little she-kit was really proud of herself so far. Maybe this wouldn't be as difficult as she'd expected...
Rainpaw
Rainpaw
Moderators
Moderators

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum