Thats Opposites For You

Go down

Thats Opposites For You

Post  Whisperbreeze on Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:06 pm

I thought it was quite funny when I came upon Adilon and Marcuse. They were arguing like little kids in the middle of a forest. It isn't the best place to have an argument by my standards by it must have suited them because they were going at it. It looked like it was about to turn into an all out brawl. Come to find out later, this was normal for them but I am getting ahead of myself. I watched for a forest path laughing to myself about the entire situation. I didn't know what they were arguing about but both were passionate about their side of the story. They knew that they were right and the other was wrong. I would have continued on my way if I hadn't saw them change.

The one wearing white sprouted wings, like an angel, and his ears became pointed, like a fairy's. His eyes were a beautiful purple but I could tell they were deadly. He jumped up into the air and hovered over the other daring him to join him in the sky.

The one wearing black answered his challenge by changing into almost a demon form. He had cat-like ears coming from his dark hair and red eyes to make the contrast. His hands were like claws and he was ready to attack.

I didn't know what I was about to witness but it wasn't something no one was going to believe.

The black demon stopped and his ears flicked. It was apparent that he was listening for something and it wasn't until his eyes settled on me did I realize he knew I was there. His attack position shifted from the guy in white to me.

I froze. What was I supposed to do? If I turned and ran, that demon was probably going to chase me down and kill me. If I just stay here, I was going to die. It was a lose-lose situation but I probably have been in worse without even knowing it.

I stood my ground and looked back at the demon. The guy in white had noticed his opponent's change in attention. He floated over to see what he was looking at. I knew he saw me by the expression in his face.

I thought I was well concealed but apparently not. Both of them knew I was there watching and unmoving. The white angel drifted over to the black demon and began talking with it. I thought it was kinda weird since they had been at each other's necks a second before.

The black demon would nod everyone in a while. Finally the white angel floated away and the demon was gone. I blinked twice. He was there a second ago. I guess he was really fast and my suspicions were confirmed when I felt a hand on my shoulder and a warm breath by my ear.

"Well what do we have here?" the black demon said with a smile.

I flinched. I glanced back to get a good look at him. His cat-like ears were black to match his hair and outfit. He had pointed teeth showing from the top of his mouth. And his red eyes were dead set on me. I kept thinking I was going to die.

Seeing as he was't going anything out of me, he picked me up and slung me over his shoulder like a rag doll. It snapped me back into reality and I began kicking and screaming for him to put me down. A hand covered my mouth and I looked up to see the white angel had silenced me.

"What are we going to do with her?" he asked.

The black demon guy placed me down none to gently and turned back to the angel guy. "Don't know. I say we kill her."

I must have made a sound of some sort because the demon looked at me angrily. It silenced me quickly.

The white angel landed on the ground. His wings disappeared back into his back and his ears were like a human's again. That comforted me a bit. "Now Adilon, we can’t do that. She can't help it that she saw us. It's our own fault because we were out here having another fight because you want to go to Glendel instead of Triue."

Adilon snarled. "I know its there. I can feel it. Triue is only gonna get us killed if we go!"

"And Glendel won't? That's home to worse kind of people on this side of the river and you want to go there." His companion argued.

"Well it's the best place to hide the shards. No one would dare go there."

"Unless they want to get killed."

"You are afraid to go to Glendel aren't you, Marcuse," Adilon said with a sneer.

Marcuse let out a hiss, "No I am not. I am just saying why go to Glendel when it's obvious that the shards are in Triue."

The argument went on and deciding they forgot about me, I began to slowly crawl away. I was only a few feet from getting back into the forest before I was hauled back by the black demon, Adilon. He dropped me back to where I started and glared at me. I determined that his glare meant 'stay or else.'

I gave him a defiant glare before resigning to bored look. These two were something else.

->

Whisperbreeze
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Thats Opposites For You

Post  Whisperbreeze on Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:08 pm

"So what are we going to do with her?" Adilon asked losing his demon form. I wouldn't admit it but he was hot in human form. Marcuse was too come to think of it.

"I guess we take her with us. She might prove some use to us besides spying." Marcuse smiled at me and took my hand to help me up.

I took it obligingly and dusted myself off. Adilon's dragging me through the dirt had ruined my shirt and he was going to buy me a new one if I had anything to say about that.

"What if I don't want to go," I responded putting my voice into the conversation. I crossed my arms and looked at them both.

Adilon smiled. He showed off his fangs on the side of his mouth. "You have no choice in the matter." I could tell he was enjoying this. What demon wouldn't enjoy torturing his captive?

I looked to Marcuse for his answer. I hoped that the angel could get me out of this. "He has a point," he answered and my hopes were dashed. How was it that I got stuck with these too because I caught them arguing? Fate is funny I guess but I wasn't laughing.

I let out a snort of contempt and turned to walk away. It was dumb move on my part because I knew I wouldn't get away but it was the only think I could think of doing. Two guys were telling me that I would have to travel with them or else? That was so not happening, not until the broke every bone in my body. Come to think of it, they might end up doing that.

I got as far as ten steps before Marcuse had me by the hand stopping me but not pulling me back.

"You don't want to come with us?" he asked. It sounded so sincere and hurt. Something should have told me this was a trick only to get me to go but no red flags popped up in my head.

"Alright, I'll go," I said giving in to the angel. He smiled and pulled me back to Adilon who was shaking his head with a grin. Apparently he knew what his angel companion had done and I was oblivious to it.

"You are keeping up with her since you want to keep her," said Adilon walking away. He was heading for the place he had drug me out of. There was a path not far from there that I was traveling on. Apparently they were going the same why I was when they stop to settle their argument.

Marcuse only nodded and followed his companion. I stood there still trying to figure out what was going on. I found myself trapped with an angel and demon with no way out. How do I get myself into these kinds of things without even trying?

Adilon turned and motioned for me to follow. "Come on. We are wasting time."

I gave one more attempt at being stubborn and sat down. "I'm not going anywhere until I know where you two are going. And what are these shards? Don't I deserve some information before I go traveling with two guys who forced me to go with them."

Marcuse interrupted me. "Technically we didn't force you. You decided to go on your own free will." Adilon made a noise. It sounded like laughter but I couldn't tell.

"Whatever. Just tell me what's going on." I said impatiently.

Once again I found myself slung over Adilon's shoulder. This time I decided not to protest in fear. He spoke, "We will fill you in on our way to Hadilyn. As I said before, we are wasting time and your not helping."

-> her

Whisperbreeze
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Whisperbreeze on Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:08 pm

Marcuse followed behind Adilon and talked with me.

"So what's your name?" he asked.

"Alexis Ruko."

"Ah, so do you live around here?"

"Actually I live in Hadilyn. I come to this forest to get away from my family. I am the middle child of five kids. Its crazy at home."

"I bet. Only child for me. Adilon too."

"I thought you were brothers."

"Nope. Just friends. We have been for as long as I can remember." Marcuse explained.

"Well you fight like brothers. So what's with the wings and claws?"

"Oh that. Well let's see. Adilon can explain it better than I can." He paused to see if his demon friend would respond but he didn't. Marcuse shrugged. "Maybe another time."

"Okay how about the random arguing?"

Adilon let out a snort of contempt. "We don't see eye to eye a lot." He said. He would respond to the arguing but not to their powers.

Marcuse nodded in agreement. "We do agree on somethings though-"

Adilon interrupted. "But we rarely do. It normally his fault."

"No it's not. You are so stubborn sometimes especially when you know I am right. You hate to lose."

"Guys-" I said trying to cut in.

"Look at who is talking. You think you are a mister know-it-all and are always right. Reality check, your not."

Marcuse hissed. "I never said I was."

"You act like it."

"Guys..." I said a little bit louder. Adilon wasn't kidding about not seeing mostly everything eye to eye.

"Okay give me one example of when I acted like I knew everything."

"Okay how about a few moments ago when you suggested we go to Triue instead of Glendel."

"That wasn't acting. The shards are there. I know it."

"And I know that they are in Glendel."

"Both of you shut it!" I yelled. They were giving me a headache. Adilon stopped and put me down. Both guys looked at me like I was crazy. I clenched my fists and continued on a rant. "Seriously you two really need to stop arguing and cool it. You two really know how to get on not only each other's nerves but mine too. If I have to come along with you guys fine but I am not putting up with your arguing over something as simple as going somewhere in search of something." I turned my back and continued down the road on my own. They had problems and they weren't going to be mine.

Soon I found myself alone. I noticed that when there weren't any footsteps following me. I guess they finally decided to leave me alone or what I said was still sinking in. Either way I was rid of them. They could go looking for those shards without me, whatever they were.

Shards...

It finally hit me. I knew what they were. At least I think I did. I reached for the necklace I had hidden beneath my shirt and pulled out a sliver of a blue jewel. I stared at it wondering if this is what they were looking for. If it was then no wonder they were going to Hadilyn. But what was so important about them? My mother had given it to me before she disappeared. She told me to hold on to it so I have.

The sun filtered through the closely growing leaves of the forest and glinted of the blue shard. It decorated the ground in a disco ball of blue. It was so beautiful. I closed my hand around the jewel and held it there. I felt like I wasn't alone anymore.

I hid my necklace back in my shirt and began to walk again. My sixth sense was telling me that someone was out there and was following me. If it was Adilon or Marcuse, I was going to kill them. But if it was them, then they would have come out by now instead of trying to be sneaky unless they saw the jewel necklace. If what I have is what they were looking for, they might be coming back to claim it by stealing it. But why would they steal it now instead of a few moments ago when we first met. It would have been easier than now since I know what they are, kind of.

I was so busy thinking that I didn't hear the creature coming up and attack me.

V necklace V

Whisperbreeze
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Whisperbreeze on Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:09 pm

The creature wasn't really a creature at all. It was more like a shadow but whatever it was, it was strong. It tackled me to the ground and I felt its teeth snapping at my neck.

Its hard fighting back against something that you don't know what it is, but I tried. I kicked upward into its stomach and I felt it connect. As soon as it was off of me I reared back and punched it in the side of its face. With it distracted by its pain, I scrambled off into the woods once again.

As my breathing slowed, I checked for my necklace. I was sure that it was what that shadow creature thing wanted. I felt it cool touch on my fingers and let out a silent sigh of relief. I wondered why this creature wanted it and what would happen if it fell into its hands...claws...I don't know. It had to be that jewel Adilon and Marcuse was talking about.

From my hiding spot I dared to look and finally get a good look at my attacker. I saw what looked like a transparent black wolf. It had golden eyes and white teeth. A long black tail seemed to sweep the ground as it stood up, like a human, smelling the air. Its pointed black ears twitched as listened to any sound in the forest.

It apparently had recovered from my escape attempt and was seeking me out. I guess that hiding wasn't a great idea if it had a good sense of smell. Running away probably wasn't a good idea either. It probably was an experience tracker of some kind. When it got back on all fours, I knew that I was right. It was staring straight at me and began to approach to edge of the woods like a cat that had just cornered a mouse. Where were Adlion and Marcuse when I needed them?

The shadow wolf crouched and sprung at me. It seemed like time slowed down at that moment because when it was about halfway up in midair, I saw another black creature jump and shove it off it course. The shadow wolf tumbled to the ground and snarled at the new arrival. It didn't seem to care because it leapt at the weakened shadow creature. What ensued was what I thought was fight. All I basically saw was a fury of black and red. When it was all over, the shadow wolf lay on the ground unmoving and the other black creature had disappeared.

I began to look around franticly. Of course it had just saved me but what if it was after the jewel too. I was still in danger then. I couldn't risk coming out of my feeble hiding space because I would be out in the open. I would be asking for it to attack me. But what if it was a friend? What if it only wanted to help me out because I was a damsel in distress (shiver)? I don't know. I confused myself.

I felt warm breath on the back of my neck and a clawed hand around my waist and covering my mouth. I was caught, again.

>wolf

Whisperbreeze
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Whisperbreeze on Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:10 pm

I just about screamed-which would have done me no good since my mouth was covered-when my captor began talking. "You are a lot of trouble, you know that?" I about screamed again when I realized who it was.

He uncovered my mouth and I turned and hugged him. All the anger I had for him was suddenly gone. "Adilon! Oh my god! I am so glad you are here. Thank you! I would have been dead for sure! Thank-"

He muffled my mouth again. "Keep quiet for a moment. Shadow walkers are normally not alone." His ear twitched as if listen to see if there were others around. Satisfied that we were alone he let me speak again.

We both stood up and I dusted myself off. "What are you doing here?" I asked in more of a hushed tone.

"Well after you stormed off, Marcuse and I got into another argument. About fifteen minutes later we had finished and realized that we had no idea where you were. I thought that you probably went home or something like that but Marcuse said you were from Hadilyn so you would have went the way we were going but you didn't. So we decided to go looking for you and looks like I found you first. By the way, what did you do to tick off that shadow walker?"

"Nothing. I was just walking along and it basically tackled me. I think it was after this." I reached at the edge of my shirt and pulled out the silver chain to show off the jewel shard. Its dark blue color shimmered in the sunlight that had seeped through the canopy. "I think that this is what you are looking for too or at least part of it. I also believe this is why you were going to my hometown, Hadilyn."

I saw the answer in his eyes. Adilon stared at the jewel, not blinking. It was almost like he had just found a huge chest of buried treasure. He reached out and gently touched it like it was about to break into a million pieces if he tried to pick it up. I watched him while wondering what I had gotten myself into.

He finally blinked as if coming out of a trance. He looked down and realized he was still holding me by my waist. He let go and walked away a bit, with his back to me. I think he did that to hide a blush that I faintly saw creeping on his face. He turned back to me with his face serious. "I believe you are right. It was after that. Now let's get out of here. We still have to find Marcuse."

I watched him eerily. He didn't answer my assumption that this is what he and angel boy was after. It probably was after seeing Adilon act that way. "So," I began, "are you going to throw me over your shoulder like you normally do?"

He cracked a smile. "Only if you want me to."

I rolled my eyes and stashed by necklace back to its hiding place. I began thinking about how this whole day started and what it had led me to. I knew that I was in over my head but I would be pushing up daises if it hadn't been for Adilon. Suddenly I was glad to accompany them, even if it still was against my will.

V regular Adilon V

Whisperbreeze
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Whisperbreeze on Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:12 pm

As we walked, I occasionally glanced at Adilon's demon features. The question I asked Marcuse was still in my head. He had said Adilon could answer it and now was a good time since it was just me and him. All the sudden his ears and claws and all that made him demon like disappeared. I guess he saw me looking at them. I frowned and turned my attention back to the path we were taking.

"I have a question. Why aren't you trying to run away again?" he asked.

I thought for a moment. "If I did, you would drag me back again."

He chuckled. "True. I've done it twice already but there has to be another reason because so far you don't seem to stay long before you go running off."

"I guess I'm a bit curious. I have so many questions now. Like what exactly was that thing? Why is it after my necklace? And what are you and Marcuse?"

He sighed. "I don't suppose that you would be happy if I didn't answer your questions."

"What do you think?" I snapped back.

"Okay, okay. Sheesh. As I said before, that thing is a shadow walker. They are being with no physical form and move along the shadows of the world preying on whatever it can find. They are mostly scavengers that stick to dark areas. That's what makes the one that attacked you so interesting. It had a physical form shape like a wolf, was walking around in daylight, and was attacking a living breathing person." Adilon put his hands behind his head and stared up at the sky. "As for why it was attacking you, you guess right. It was after your necklace because it is a piece of the Jewel of Chremor."

"What?" I interrupted.

Adilon glanced at me. His look told me that he must think I'm an idiot for not knowing what this jewel was. Satisfied that I really didn't know, he continued, "The Jewel of Chremor is a dark magic artifact that is the foundation of keeping our world balanced. The Jewel was hidden and kept that way for centuries. It had all sorts of barriers and traps around it to keep it safe. But, like all powerful and heavily guarded things, it was stolen. All the sudden everything went into utter chaos and wars broke out and such. Then news spread that the jewel had broke and its fragments were scattered like sand in the wind. The search was on to find it. Some wanted it to restore peace; others wanted it to take over the world and such. The search so far has been fruitless but a lot of them have given up."

"Where do you and Marcuse fit in to all this?" I asked hoping to get to the point.

He looked up at the sky not meeting my questioning gaze. "Well...umm...we stole it."

I stopped and stared at him waiting to tell me otherwise. They couldn't have. "You WHAT?" I yelled. A few birds left from a tree around us.

Adilon flinched. He still didn't meet my gaze. "Yeah, it wasn't out smartest idea. We stole it then it broke. It made us into what we are."

Whisperbreeze
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Whisperbreeze on Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:51 pm

He looked down finally and noticed the shocked look on my face. He gave me an impish grin.

I whacked him across the head. “You idiot! What the heck were you thinking? Wait…if it made you into what you are now then you were human?”

“Yes,” Adilon said rubbing the spot where I inflicted pain on him. That followed with a string of curses in which I about hit him again for. “Marcuse too. It all started several years ago when Marcuse and me were the best of friends. Like all teenager boys, we got into al sorts of trouble like vandalizing the school, fighting random people, stealing random stuff.

“It was another Saturday and we were hanging out in the woods by his parent’s house thinking about what we should do. Somehow, I don’t remember, we ended up in a fight and I stormed off deeper into the woods. I was so mad that I wasn’t paying attention and I tripped. Naturally, I fell. When I looked back to see what had tripped me, I spotted a metal handle sticking up out of the forest floor. I cleared away the leaves surrounding it and discovered a trap door. Forgetting out previous argument, I called for Marcuse and he appeared by side not long after. I was on the ground and I pointed to the door. He looked at it surprised and went to investigate.

“He opened the door and motioned for me to follow. The door revealed a set of stairs leading down into complete darkness. Being the genius we are, we went down them using our lighters as light. The stairs ended at the beginning of another long dark hallway except for the torches that lit a small part of it every now and then. It was definitely creepy but we went on. I think it was because if one of us dared to turn around, the other would call him a chicken and never let him forget it.

“There was nothing in the passageway and we had almost decided to turn back because there was nothing down here as far as we could tell. Marcuse egged me on to travel a little more with fantasies of treasure. He could sweet-talk anyone into anything. I gave in and as he predicted we came to the treasure room or something like it. It was a large cavernous room with only one piece of treasure in there, a jewel. We approached the jewel, staring at it. I can remember about how much it was worth. Marcuse apparently was thinking the same thing because he plucked it from its holding place.
“I had seen what happened next in too many Hollywood movies. I was about to tell him to put it back but a small earthquake cut me off. The cavernous room began to shake and crumble and we left faster than we came with our stolen jewel.

“We knew that this jewel was special because of its looks. It glowed and swirled with all the colors of the rainbow. Over the next few days we argued over what to do with it. Then came the faithful day that it broke. We were stealing it from each other and it slipped. As soon as it hit the ground, it shattered. Suddenly a huge wave of energy hit us and we blacked out.”

real Marcuse>

Whisperbreeze
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down